Greetings! I started this blog to celebrate my love for running. In order to celebrate my 50th birthday in 2012 I am planning on running the Marine Corps Marathon and I'll be documenting my training here. I am a Jeff Galloway Run/Walk/Run disciple so you can expect to hear a lot about that training method as time goes on. (Info on Run/Walk/Run can be found at http://www.jeffgalloway.com) I've run 2 half marathons this year using Run/Walk/Run. The first was the Disney World Half Marathon in January. My goal was to finish in less than 3 hours and I ran it in 2:51. A little over 2 months later I ran the Publix Georgia Half Marathon and, using Run/Walk/Run shaved almost 10 minutes off my Disney time! My third Half Marathon is the Atlanta 13.1 which I will run in October. Hoping to finish in 2:30 or less.
Until next time...
One of my friends at work (a Boston Marathoner) told me that the Marine Corps Marathon sells out really fast - like a few hours. Registration opens February 23rd.
ReplyDelete