Friday, July 8, 2011

Peachtree Road Race 2011


The weekend started at the Peachtree Road Race expo where Danny and I picked up our numbers.  I was happy to see Jeff Galloway at his booth where he was gracious enough to pose with me for a picture.

The race itself can best be described as HOT!!!  Temps were pushing 80 degrees by the time Start Wave "J" started at exactly 8:09:30am.  I really like the new start wave procedure for starting this race.  Instead of 9 numbered start waves there are lettered start waves (not sure how many) that have less people in them which makes for a much smoother start. Anyhow, I ran the race using a walk/run ratio of 1:30/:45.  I did pretty well in the shade but running in the sun was very difficult for me.  My time was not a record breaker by any stretch but it WAS my personal best for a Peachtree Road Race-1:16:39 is my official chip time. I can't be unhappy with that!

After I crossed the finish line (ran through 2 run/walk intervals!) I got my water, got my T-Shirt (eh, seen better, seen worse) and found the food.  They moved the food to a spot that was MUCH easier to find than in years past.  Publix rocks-they have the best post-race food!  Then I wandered to the "D" balloon to wait for Danny to finish.  He started in Start Wave "K" about 5 minutes behind me and finished the race in 1:29.  Yep, I SMOKED him!  ; )

Already looking forward to Peachtree Road Race #10 in 2012!!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment